Element Games - discounts on miniatures and hobby supplies!

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Wednesday 2 December 2020

Faustus Hornraven

Fautus Hornraven is the second D&D character I created for myself - a yin to Gnashrakk the Half-Orc's barbaric yang! I loved this model as soon as I saw it (Old Holvand from Hasslefree Miniatures) and thought he would be perfect to represent a sagely old wizard. I therefore play him as a Sage who has been locked up with his books for so long that his social skills are sorely lacking. He doesn't mean any harm, but he isn't good at minding his words to avoid hurting peoples feelings... 

I decided that he might well have travelled to the frozen city of Felstad at one time in his adventuring career, and so use him in Frostgrave as well as a Soothsayer. He performed admirably in the campaign we played at the club, finding plenty of treasure and supporting his hired mercenaries with supreme guidance from as far away from the enemy swords as possible! 

I painted him quite simply, as with a lot of my Frostgrave models, with dirty cream robes and a grey fur pelt that only needed base colours and a single wash (of Army Painter Quickshade - magical stuff itself!). A spot red colour ties him in to the rest of his band in the frozen city - my intention to create a few different potential bands of mercenaries and wizards, each linked by a particular spot colour, to allow me to run intro games if someone doesn't have the models themselves. Plus, the red looks nice on the grey and cream background I reckon. 

Hornraven himself, stalking through some ruins in search of magical artifacts and secret treasures


No comments:

Post a Comment