Element Games - discounts on miniatures and hobby supplies!

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Monday 14 December 2020

Fee Fi Fo Fum, beware of the Giants, cos here they come!

I'm a big fan of Heresy Miniatures stuff, and have used quite a number of Andy's models as proxies or stand-ins in numerous games - plus I have one of his awesome Dragons sitting in my 'to-do' pile waiting for me to get some paint on her!

I backed his kickstarter, Return of the Monsters, but during the campaign didn't get the Giant for some reason... I think I got most other things so I showed a little bit of restraint I guess. But with the release of the Sons of Behemat coming up for Age of Sigmar, I knew I would need to use his giant as a Mega-gargant - from all the rumours it sounded like it was the perfect size, and it just looked so cool. I also had a good idea for basing him using some Mantic Terraincrate pieces...

I will add some more photos of the full Giant tribe, with some size comparison pics between various vintages of giants and mega-giants (just a couple more to finish painting), but these are some quick pics I took of Heresy Miniatures Mucklegeet the Giant (in my tribe I renamed him Magbragog Maneater). He's so big that I struggled to get rid of the lines in the backdrop of the light box so I'll have to have another go at photographing him another day!

I just love the character that the sculpt has - the almost innocent look in the giant's eyes as he starts to scoff the poor hapless paladin. I figured that it would look great if the paladin had just been scooped up from his camp, part-way through cooking his own dinner, completely unaware of this monster that had turned up behind him - I wanted to use the tent to show the narrative in the model but also help give a sense of scale to the giant (it's easy to miss the paladin at first glance as you get distracted by the rest of the model). He was painted almost exclusively with Contrast paints, the great textures meaning they did a good job of adding depth to everything in a really quick and easy manner. 

Anyway, it was a joy to paint and he's already done a great job stomping some flying dwarfs in a game, so him and his tribe will be trampling some more enemies in the future I'm sure! 









No comments:

Post a Comment